Search

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Blessings

Well we are one day into the New Year and I'm sure many people have broken their resolutions while others look forward to a bright and wonderful future.  I never put any stock into superstition and with the 13th year of the new millennium upon us I expect a lot of blessings will given to us.

There will be plenty of opportunities to establish a stronger place in our society.  Our society continues to grow closer with the use of social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on).  We must capitalize on our ability to spread the Good Word out and praise the Lord God for His boundless grace and love.

As people hope for a better future in 2013, I look across the political, social and physical spectrums and I see plenty of angst and concern among the people.  Wars continue to rage across the lands, both confrontational and secret ones.  Politics and the incessant in-fighting that continue to stalemate governments.  People are reluctant to change are faced with a ever-changing world that will them behind. 

But lo!  Be not afraid.  Jesus is immutable, our constant in the maelstrom of life.  His hand extends out to us.  The one and only God, so caring that he enters the storm with us!  He endures our heartaches, our pains and our conquers them all. 

Remember Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry."

Place your burdens upon Christ and you will find out his yoke really is easy to bear.  Let us all have a blessed New Year and thank and praise God every step of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment